(Everydaypower) – Our latest collection of quotes about being happy to help you see the brighter side of life.
Being happy is extremely vital and something that every person ultimately wants in life.
Being happy leads to a wide array of benefits for our performance, relationships, health and much more.
Besides making us feel good about ourselves, happiness is a positive emotion that drives our ambitions and motivates us to wake up every morning to pursue our goals and dreams. 10 Kinds of Toxic People You Need Out of Your LifePlay Video
So how can we attain happiness?
For us to do this, we need to take personal responsibility for our own happiness.
We have to accept the fact that our happiness is our choice and something to be found within us.
Regardless of all the negative events that often occur in our lives, we can all maintain our happiness by learning to interpret whatever circumstances we deal with in a positive light.
Although external behaviors and events have the ability to trigger off negative thoughts, that can only happen if you allow them to.
Overall, happiness makes us healthier, more productive and ready to use our Everyday Power to reach our full potential.
Below are some inspirational, wise, and uplifting quotes about being happy that will help you develop the ability to be happy under all circumstances.
Also check out our selection of uplifting self care quotes celebrating love for self.
Quotes about being happy regardless of where you are in life
1. “Being happy is something that each of us determines, it is not something that we find outside of yourself, it is within us and our choice.” – Catherine Pulsifer
2. “The happiest people seem to be those who have no particular cause for being happy except that they are so.” – William Ralph Inge
3. “Happiness is a deep sense of flourishing, not a mere pleasurable feeling or fleeting emotion but an optimal state of being.” – Matthieu Ricard
4. “Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.”– Abraham Lincoln
5. “We don’t laugh because we’re happy – we’re happy because we laugh.” – William James
6. “Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.”― Anne Frank
7. “Happy is entirely up to you and always has been.”― Janette Rallison
8. “Be happy for no reason, like a child. If you are happy for a reason, you’re in trouble, because that reason can be taken from you.”― Deepak Chopra
9. “The secret of being happy is accepting where you are in life and making the most out of every day.”- Anonymous
10. “Nothing can bring you happiness but yourself.”- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Quotes about being happy with who you are
11. “The only thing that will make you happy is being happy with who you are, and not who people think you are.” – Goldie Hawn
12. “I enjoyed my life when I had nothing… and kinda like the idea of just being happy with me.” – Joey Ramone
13. “Being happy in your skin that’s what it’s all about.” – Koo Stark
14. “Be happy with being you. Love your flaws. Own your quirks. And know that you are just as perfect as anyone else, exactly as you are.” – Ariana Grande
15. “Those who can laugh without cause have either found the true meaning of happiness or have gone stark raving mad!”- Norm Papernick
16. “True happiness arises, in the first place, from the enjoyment of one’s self.” – Joseph Addison
17. “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.” – Dalai Lama
18. “Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.”- Marcus Aurelius
19. “I would do my damn best to be more happy than not.”― Adam Silvera
20. “Happiness doesn’t have to be chased…it merely has to be chosen.” ― Mandy Hale
Quotes about being happy with what you have
21. “The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don’t have.” – Woody Allen
22. “Be happy with what you have. Be excited about what you want.” – Alan Cohen
23. “If being happy is important to you, try this: instead of regretting all you lack, celebrate all you’ve got.” – Brian Vaszily
24. “I just find myself happy with the simple things. Appreciating the blessings God gave me.” – DMX
25. “Happiness is not having what you want. It is appreciating what you have.” – Unknown
26. “Ever since happiness heard your name, it has been running through the streets trying to find you.”― Hafez
27. “Just think how happy you would be if you lost everything you have right now, and then got it back again.”- Frances Rodman
28. “Happiness is not having what you want, but wanting what you have.”- Rabbi Hyman Schachtel
29. “Do not forget to hope and happy be.” – John McLeod
30. “It’s not my job to make you happy. It’s your job to learn that only those who quit selfishly seeking their own happiness find it.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
Quotes about being happy and what it means
31. “The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things.” – Henry Ward Beecher
32. “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.”– Mahatma Gandhi
33. “Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.” – Dalai Lama
34. “Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.”– Helen Keller
35. “Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.” – Margaret Lee Runbeck
36. “I don’t care about having money. It’s about being happy, man.” – Skrillex
37. “We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same.”– Anne Frank
38. “Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.” – Denis Waitley
39. “Happiness, not in another place but this place…not for another hour, but this hour.” – Walt Whitman
40. “The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.”- Allan K. Chalmers
Quotes about being happy and letting go of the things that make you sad
41. “You can never be really happy if you keep holding to those bad memories which makes you sad.” – Anurag Prakash
42. “Doing what you like is freedom. Liking what you do is happiness.” – Frank Tyger
43. “One of the simplest ways to stay happy is by letting go of the things that make you sad.” –Tinku Razoria
44. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.”– Albert Schweitzer
45. “Happiness is where we find it, but very rarely where we seek it.” – J. Petit Senn
47. “If you want to be happy, do not dwell in the past, do not worry about the future, focus on living fully in the present.”― Roy T. Bennett
48. “For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
49. “I laugh as much as I can and cry when I have to, without apology. I think that’s happy.”- Maya Angelou
50. “If you want to be happy, you need to set your mind on happiness.” ― Ana Kostovska